Saturday, February 23, 2013

Joining the Ranks of Homeowners

We have been renting our house for the past three years and decided we were tired of throwing money down the drain.  The owner of the house is fabulous and has agreed to work out an owner financing plan so that we can turn that rent check into equity in our own home.

The house was built in the 70s and while the funky wallpaper was removed years ago it still needs lots of updates to bring it into the 21st century.  Armed with the can do attitude that comes from watching too much DIY Network and HGTV, my husband and I have decided to tackle the job ourselves.

Follow us on our journey.  We will share great tips and tricks we discover along the way as well as the epic fails that are sure to ensue.  (Did I mention that I was extremely accident prone?   I guess its time to renew that old AFLAC policy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment